Naturopathic Medicine uses both traditional and conventional medicine to treat and prevent illness. Naturopathic medicine focuses on the root cause of illness and allows patients to understand WHY their body is expressing symptoms. ND's empathize the importance of nutrition, lifestyle, movement, nature, removing toxins, and creating a mental and physical space for healing.
• Intake, Physical Exam & Assessment
• Laboratory Work: Blood, Saliva, Urine, Stool, Breath Testing
• Nutrition and Lifestyle Counselling
• Nutraceutical Supplementation: Vitamin and Minerals
• Botanical Therapies & Herbal Supplements
• Acupuncture and Cupping
• You want a doctor who will treat all of you- not just your illness.
• You want a naturopathic evidenced-based personalized treatment plan.
• You want to treat the root cause of an illness- not just the symptoms.
• You want to actively participate in managing your own health
• You want to be educated on the power of the human body.
• Chronic diseases- Diabetes, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia
• Digestive health- IBS, IBD, GERD
• Brain health- Concussion, PCS, neurodegenerative disease
• Thyroid disorders- Hypothyroidism, Hyperthyroidism, Hashimoto's, Graves
• Autoimmune disorders
• Fertility and caring to term
• Hormone + menstrual irregularities (PMS, PCOS, endometriosis, fibroids etc)
• Athletic performance and health optimization
Licensed ND's complete a rigorous four-year, post-graduate education at an accredited naturopathic medicine school. The forth year includes a 1 year internship supervised by a Naturopathic Doctor. They also complete a series of licensing exams before practicing.
• A health history and detailed questions about your health concerns
• A review of your body systems— which may be connected to your chief complaint
• A review of drugs and supplements you may be taking
• Detailed questions about your diet and physical activity
• A discussion about your lifestyle, social setting, and support systems
• Active listening as you share your story
• Physical exams
• Order and discussion of diagnostic tests
• Comprehensive individualized treatment plan sent to your email
The sources of this information are:
For information about the education requirements of Naturopathic Medicine in Ontario/Canadian, please visit the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine
For information on regulatory matters, or to verify that an ND is registered visit the College of Naturopaths of Ontario (CONO) or call them at 416-866-8383